Saturday, April 27, 2013

EXERCISE 1


1. Choose the topic sentence:

Paragraph 1:
__________________________________. Snow is beautiful when it falls. After a few day, the snow is not beautiful anymore. It starts to melt, and the clean streets become messy. It is difficult to walk anywhere. The sidewalks are slippery. Snow also causes traffic problems. Some roads are closed.  Other roads are hard to drive on safely. Drivers have more accidents on snowy roads. I understand why some people like snow, but I don’t like it very much.
1-      In December, it usually snows.
2-      Some people like snow, but I don’t.
3-      I love snow.


Paragraph 2
__________________________________. She works at Papa Joe’s Restaurant. She serves about sixty people everyday. Maria can remember all the dinner orders. If here is a problem with any of the food, she takes it back to the kitchen immediately. Maria wants every customer to have a good meal at the restaurant.
1-      My cousin Maria is an excellent server.
2-      My cousin Maria works at Pap Joe’s restaurant.
3-      Maria’s customers do not eat big meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment